Monday, November 14, 2005

Hope and A Future

I had the priviledge of being at the Anglican Communion Network's "A Hope and a Future" conference this last week in Pittsburgh. I must admit that most of the proceedings actually only held an academic interest for me (as a non-American Anglican). However, I was really challenged by what Pastor Rick Warren said in his address on Friday.

It was truly inspiring to hear how he has been moved to take on the biggest giants of our day and to mobilise the worldwide church to work on eliminating them. Using the acrostic P.E.A.C.E. as an outline of his strategy, he has ambitiously set out a plan to eradicate, spiritual darkness, corrupt leadership, poverty, disease and illiteracy. Big goals indeed, but he points out that we have a big God!

I am still pondering what my part in all this will be...

No comments: